This is a recipe for a ramp cognac cream sauce I made for a peppercorn crusted ribeye. You can substitiute the ramps with, mushrooms(really good with morels!)to make a mushroom cognac cream sauce. Cayenne in small amounts (a pinch) gives a cream sauce more depth.
|• ¼||Cup Chopped Ramps|
|• 1||Clove Garlic Minced|
|• 1||Clove Shallot Minced|
|• 1||pt Heavy Cream|
|• 1||Tbs Butter|
|• ½||Cup Cognac or Brandy|
|• tt||Kosher Salt|
|• tt||White Pepper|
• Have everything chopped and near by when you start.
• Melt butter in a hot saute pan
• Saute the garlic,shallots and ramps till soft
• Deglaze with Cognac.(carefully this will ignite!)
• Reduce the Cognac by half.
• Add the heavy cream and reduce till desired thickness
• Seasone with salt,pepper, and the cayenne
• Serve over steak or any other grilled or sauted meats
• If using mushrooms add the mushrooms first let them cook for a while then add your garlic and shallots or else they will burn.